Heather L. Gilbraith is an artist, illustrator, and writer living and working in Vancouver, BC with her husband and her adorable familiars, her crested gecko, Squishy, and her blue merle sheltie puppy, Aila. She received her Bachelors in Fine Arts at Emily Carr University of Art and Design in 2015 where she majored in Illustration.
Since obtaining her BFA she started writing and drawing her own webcomic, Sable & Aster, a story about a young orphaned girl and her best friend who happens to be a rather grumpy dragon. She also makes cute, wholesome comics about Sam The Chickadee, a slightly magical chickadee who loves his friends very much.
She has also collaborated with the inimitable writer and comedian Eric Fell on The Critical Hit Show Comic, a comic version of the hilarious and fantastic roleplaying game-based improv comedy show The Critical Hit Show, which plays at the Rio Theatre in Vancouver at the end of every month.
In addition to comics, illustration, and storyboarding she’s also a huge fan of ceramics (wheel throwing, primarily), printmaking (intaglio and relief), knitting, and embroidery.
She’s the current admin of the Mastodon instance ComicsCamp.Club (circa Oct. 2018), and was the former admin of Mastodon.ART (circa Jan. 2019-Feb. 2021). She loves being able to support and facilitate inclusive creative communities in the Fediverse.
|Follow Heather on your social media of choice:|
|* No longer active/archive only.|
- 2018 – Vancouver Comic Arts Festival at The Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre, Vancouver, BC
- 2016 – The Sneaky Dragon Podcast Episode 251, recorded in Vancouver, BC
- 2016 – The 8th Annual CARDED! at Hot Art Wet City, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 – The Show at Emily Carr University, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 – It’s a Sheep Show at Hot Art Wet City, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 – Vancouver: Interpreted at The Fall Tattooing and Artist’s Gallery, Vancouver, BC
- 2014 – The Blue Show at The Ayden Gallery, Vancouver, BC